Ancient Philosophy Society (APS)
CALL FOR PAPERS
17th Annual Independent Meeting
Baylor University - Waco, Texas
April 27-29, 2017
Honoring the richness of the American and European philosophical traditions, the Ancient Philosophy Society encourages submissions from a variety of interpretive perspectives. Phenomenological, postmodern, Anglo-American, Straussian, Tübingen School, hermeneutic, psychoanalytic, queer, feminist, and any other interpretations of ancient Greek and Roman philosophical and literary works are welcome.
Please submit papers by e-mail attachment to [email protected]. Deadline: November 15, 2016. The author’s name, institution, and references pertaining to the identity of the author must be omitted from the paper, notes, and bibliography. The e-mail accompanying the submission must include the author’s name, the title of the paper, address, telephone, e-mail address, and institutional affiliation.
- Papers must be written in English. Submission implies that the paper is entirely the author’s own unpublished work and that, where appropriate, the contributions of others are acknowledged.
- Papers may not exceed 3,000 words (30 minutes’ reading time, max.), exclusive of footnotes and bibliography. Longer papers will not be forwarded to the Program Committee. Abstracts will not be considered for the program except for the working group session mentioned below.
- Because papers selected for presentation are collected and provided to meeting participants in a single Proceedings, please observe the following conventions: single-spacing, 1-inch margins on all sides, pages numbered, 12-point font for text, 10-point for footnotes.
- Papers should be submitted in PDF.
- Receipt of papers will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- Only one submission per author will be considered.
- No one may present a paper in consecutive years.
All papers are reviewed by an anonymous Program Committee selected by the Host and Executive Committee to represent the range of interpretive traditions. Decisions will be reached in January 2017, and authors will be notified by e-mail. You do not need to be a member of the society to submit a paper, but you must join the society to be on the program.
For current information about the meeting, as well as membership information, consult the APS website: www.ancientphilosophysociety.org.
Please direct all inquiries to [email protected].